and bushcraft skills
Hang out together outdoors, build fires and cook outdoors.
One-off tasters and regular sessions available for self-organising groups of 4-8 families. We do not recruit individual families for these courses.
All courses are held at our outdoor workshop at Hackney City Farm. Please dress for all weather, sturdy footwear is recommended. Warm clothes in winter, keep your feet covered in summer and waterproofs whenever. We have a tarpaulin to protect us from the worst of it and will continue to work outside in all of it.
“I feel… happy, involved. I learnt… about different kinds of wood, using different tools. Fun, and now I have a lovely stool!”Feedback from Johar, 11
“I peeled the bark off with the knife, I felt so relaxed! I found this course challenging but then satisfying.”Feedback from Mo, 9
“Felt completely out of my normal Hackney – into another world! Loved the space, the time with my daughter and learning something together. Great idea and lovely teacher. Magic wilderness nature learning, time well spent together.”Feedback from parent
- 1hr whittling session.
- 2hr whittling and firebuilding session (bring snacks, packed lunch and marshmallows as required).
- A family is defined as one child and one adult, for this age range we require one-to-one parent/ carer supervision. Age limits are strict, please do not book for children under 6yrs.
- Contact us for prices and booking enquiries.
- 2hr whittling session.
- 3hr whittling and firebuilding session (bring snacks, packed lunch and marshmallows as required).
- 4hr whittling and firebuilding session (bring snacks, packed lunch and marshmallows as required).
- A family is defined as one child and one adult, additional children are charged at 50%. One adult may supervise max. 2 children. Age limits are strict, please do not book for children under 9yrs.
- Contact us for prices and booking enquiries..
We appreciate that these costs are a barrier to many families, unfortuntely because we can only offer these sessions with small groups and high supervision ratios we are not able to offer these at a cheaper cost. However we are very willing to help with joint fundraising to offer courses at a cheaper or even free rate to your group. Please contact us to discuss.