Workshop development days
Because of coronavirus our monthly volunteering sessions are on hold. If you’d like to volunteer once they’re back on, let us know and we will in turn let you know.
If you’d like to volunteer on our courses, supporting our tutors, you have skills that you could help us with, please get in touch.
Come and help us to develop our workshop space and learn to sharpen tools, build chopping blocks, saw horses, shave horses and pole lathes.
Thanks to ongoing support from the Worshipful Company of Turners, the workshop is open to volunteers on the first Thursday and Friday of every month, to help us develop our workshop. Please check below for dates.
- Friday 6th March 2020, 10am-4pm- Build a lathe with Dave
- Thursday 2nd and Friday 3rd April, 10am-4pm
- Thursday 30th April and Friday 1st May, 10am-4pm
- Thursday 4th and Friday 5th June, 10am-4pm
- Thursday 2nd and Friday 3rd July, 10am-4pm
- Thursday 6th and Friday 7th August, 10am-4pm
- Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th September, 10am-4pm
- Thursday 1st and Friday 2nd October, 10am-4pm
- Thursday 5th and Friday 6th November, 10am-4pm
- Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th December, 10am-4pm
No previous experience necessary. Volunteering is open to over 18s who are physically and mentally able to participate. Unfortunately we are not able to reimburse travel or lunch expenses for those volunteering on these days. But lots of tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
Please let us know if you plan to attend, get in touch.
Previous volunteers have become members of the workshop, taken on tutor support roles on our one day courses, become tutors themselves and lead whittling sessions for kids at events around London.