Along with other makers from around the world, London Green Wood are taking part in an online fundraising auction for the people of Ukraine.
All proceeds will be donated to the Red Cross DEC Ukraine Appeal. Please get involved; tell your friends, neighbours and family and help us help! London Green Wood members are donating their work for this auction and will pay UK postage.
The auction will take place on Instagram and we will also accept bids by email from those who do not use Instagram. The auction closes at 5pm on Tuesday 5th April.
- Kolrosed eating spoon in sycamore with lucky symbols by London Green Wood member Graham O’Brien (@Lucky Spoons). This 18cm spoon is kolrosed using cinnamon and finished with food safe linseed oil. £20 minimum bid.
- Mini pickle ladle in mulberry by Jo Clarke (London Green Wood mug not included). Finished with hemp seed oil. £25 minimum bid.
- Bowl and spoon set by Mike Taylor. Cherry handled bowl, and elder spoon, both approx. 18cm long, finished with food safe linseed oil. £30 minimum bid.
- Dove fan bird in willow by Spencer Martin. £25 minimum bid.
Here’s how it works:
1. Place your bid in GBP (£) in the comments below the Instagram post. If you are outbid, you’re welcome to bid again (in fact, we encourage you to do that as we want to raise as much money as possible!). If you are unable to use Instagram, please email us with your bid making clear which item you are bidding on.
2. When this auction closes (pm UK time on Tuesday 5th April), the winner will be contacted to organise the donation.
3. The auction will be marked as closed and delivery will be organised. Each maker donating their work has offered to cover UK postage.
PLEASE NOTE: If we are unable to contact the winner within 24 hours of the auction closing, we may need to re-list it, or the winner will be the second-highest bidder. If your account is private, please send a DM or email to us if you win
Thanks to Russ West for organising and supporting the auction.
London Green Wood has been working with the Red Cross since 2019, delivering green woodworking sessions for asylum seekers. Membership of our cooperative is free for asylum seekers.